This crumb-topped halibut is a fast and simple way to prepare the mild, delicious fish. The tasty, buttery crumb topping gives the halibut nice flavor and texture, and it bakes in just minutes.
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut fillets
- 3 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Lemon wedges or slices for serving
- Heat the oven to 450 F.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line the pan with nonstick foil.
- Cut the halibut to make four 6-ounce servings. Arrange the fillets on the prepared baking sheet, skin side down.
- Tear the bread into pieces and put in the food processor. Pulse until the breadcrumbs are fine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crumbs with the Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic and onion powders, salt, pepper, and melted butter. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the buttery seasoned bread crumbs on the halibut pieces; pat down to help the crumbs adhere to the tops of the fish fillets.
- Bake the halibut fillets for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fish registers 145 F on an instant-read thermometer. Or test the fish for flaking with a fork (see below).
- Serve the halibut with fresh lemon wedges or slices.
Recipe courtesy of theSpruce.com