This Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil is an ultra-easy and flavourful dinner to make during your busy weeknights. It’s ready in less than 30 minutes and is delicious with salads and roasted veggies.
- 1 ¼ pound salmon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. The piece of foil should be big enough to fold over and seal the fish.
- In a small bowl, add lemon juice, garlic, and melted butter. Whisk everything together.
- Place salmon on prepared baking sheet.
- Pour the butter mixture over the salmon.
- Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon. Make sure it is well sealed so the sauce does not leak.
- Place into oven and bake until cooked for about 20-25 minutes*.
- Open the foil and broil the fish for 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to burn the fish!
- Remove from the oven. Using a spoon, pour some of the butter sauce left in the foil onto the salmon before serve. Then, garnish with parsley.
- Serve it with veggies, salad, rice or quinoa.
* Baking time may vary slightly due to the thickness of fish and your oven. Check the salmon every 5 mins after the cooking time.
** The salmon cannot be wrapped in parchment paper because of the boiler step.
Recipe Courtesy of Primavera Kitchen