For Immediate Release, May 15
COVID-19 – Not Business as Usual
From everyone at Nootka Marine Adventures we would like to take a moment to thank all the first responders and health care professionals sacrificing so much to keep us all on a solid path forward. Thank you also to Dr. Bonnie Henry and Minister Dix for your helpful, compassionate, and caring updates, you have been our lighthouse as we all navigate through this.
At Nootka Marine Adventures our priorities are the same year after year, ensuring our guests have a memorable and enjoyable experience. Due to COVID and the challenges with maintaining a safe environment, we have decided that we will not be opening our two floating resorts. Nootka Sound Resort and Newton Cove Resort will be closed for the 2020 season. We will use this time well and will return to you in 2021, even better than before. We will continue to reach out to all guests affected by this decision and will ensure that you are taken care of. We hope that we can share Nootka Sound and Esperanza with you in 2021.
Moutcha Bay Resort is positioned to open on June 25, providing we receive the green light to proceed. We have been using this time to get ready for your arrival, adding hand sanitizing stations, putting up plexi-barriers and organizing protective equipment for you and our team. Unfortunately, there will be a few things that are different around the property. The lobby will not be what you are used to, the soft furnishings are temporarily removed, the gift shop is down to one small room. To comply with all social distancing parameters, we needed to make space. Your safety and comfort are what is most important to us.
Here is what you can expect:
• Great team of people eager and waiting to make sure your experience is enjoyable
• Fabulous “take-out” food services
• Same comfortable accommodation in the lodge, luxury yurts and our gorgeous renovated chalets
• Some new housekeeping procedures that will involve your cooperation and ensure our teams safety
• Limited Spa Services – to be determined
• RV sites are open as of June 25th however only self-contained units with hot and cold running water and private washroom facilities are permitted
• Tent camping will not be permitted at Moutcha Bay this year – we are so sorry for this inconvenience. Unfortunately we are unable to satisfy all of the requirements in the guidelines for safe operation.
• Children’s play area will remain closed for the season.
• Dockshack with all your tackle and incidental needs, and marina with fuel sales
• Fish processing with a few new rules to keep your catch safe for you.
• Boat launch as per normal procedures with some added sanitizing stations for your benefit
• Pleasure craft, rental boats and fishing gear all available with some added sanitization
• Guided Fishing – with approved operating parameters – TBD
• Public washrooms will be limited to 2 – one single stall unit in the lobby, and one single stall unit at the top of the marina ramp – these will be maintained and cleaned regularly for your use, products will be available to ensure your comfort
It was important for us to find a way to provide a great experience while respecting all guidelines in place. Not exactly business as usual, but great service and an amazing team bringing you the best modified Moutcha Bay Resort we can.
Thank you to all that have reached out with your encouraging and appreciative words, it means a lot. We value our guests; you have become family. Without you we would be nothing but empty buildings. You are the joy that reverberates throughout the year as we prepare for another season. You have made your impression on our hearts from generations of artwork that has been lovingly made for us and is proudly displayed, to incredible honey or blueberries that are provided to each of us, for the great jokes emailed every Wednesday, to the incredible hugs and smiles and for those most encouraging words “we will be back for sure”. Thank you and see you soon, wishing you good health and wellness.
Nootka Marine Adventures