COVID-19 – Our Commitment To You
For Immediate Release, October 8, 2020
In response to the development of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to following the advice and guidance of leading health agencies and governments, taking every necessary step to maintain a safe environment for our guests and staff.
Nootka Marine Adventures’ management team is prioritizing your health and safety by keeping the following Shoulder Season protocols in place at Moutcha Bay Resort:
- Contact-less check-in and check-out
- Regular and ongoing training is provided to staff on the latest safety protocols and regulations surrounding cleaning guidance.
- Protective barriers are installed at our front desk.
- All high-touch areas are treated with WHO-registered disinfectant products; we use high quality, EcoLogo-certified peroxide-based sanitizers and disinfectants.
- Hand sanitizer stations installed throughout the resort grounds for guest and staff use.
- Resort staff will continue to use masks for all guest interactions.
- Social distancing measures are implemented resort-wide.
- Public washrooms are closed for the season. RV sites are open to self-contained vehicles & campers/trailers with running water and toilet/shower facilities; tents are not permitted at this time.
- The children’s playground will remain closed for the season.
- Fuel sales are available at the marina with contactless payment measures in place.
- Fresh linens and towels are available upon request, delivered in a sealed bag at your guest room door.
- Whenever possible, we will leave occupied guest rooms vacant for 24 hours upon checkout before thoroughly cleaning and checking in a guest, but guarantee a minimum of 3 hours as per industry regulations.
At Nootka Marine Adventures, the safety and well-being of our guests and staff is always our top priority. We understand concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, and we have dedicated ourselves to providing a safe, clean and welcoming environment at Moutcha Bay Resort. You can count on our standards and protocols for a safe and comfortable stay.
Looking ahead, Nootka Sound Resort and Newton Cove Resort are scheduled to re-open in the spring of 2021. Moutcha Bay Resort is scheduled to resume summer operations on May 1, 2021. We will be monitoring the situation and garnering insight and advice from industry and health experts, making additions and enhancements to our protocol in the weeks and months ahead with your safety and that of our staff in mind.
Wishing you good health and wellness,
Nootka Marine Adventures