Our Commitment To You
In response to the development of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to following the advice and guidance of leading health agencies and governments, taking every necessary step to maintain a safe environment for our guests and staff.
*NEW* Province of British Columbia Announcement: Orders Issued until May 25, 2021
Under the Emergency Program Act (EPA) to stop the spread of COVID-19 and variants, the BC Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General announced new orders restricting non-essential travel between health authority regions of the province is in place from last Friday until May 25, 2021 at midnight. At the same time, the onus to stay within your local community in your health authority remains with the individual.
For more information on this announcement, please visit the following links:
- Government of BC Province-wide restrictions
- Government of BC travel advisory (updated April 23, 2021)
Book Worry Free
We want you to plan your trip with peace of mind.
If you are affected by travel restrictions imposed by provincial, federal or governing bodies, Nootka Marine Adventures will offer you the chance to change or cancel your booking without penalty. International guests affected by ongoing border travel restrictions have been contacted and offered an opportunity to move, cancel, or keep their booking by April 1, 2021. If you are experiencing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be happy to address your bookings on a case by case basis. We have your best interest in mind and understand every situation is different.
We are also aware that recommendations from health authorities are constantly changing and developing. Please note that this policy is subject to change over time.
Upcoming 2021 Season
- From May 1 until September 30, 2021 Moutcha Bay Resort is operated within our summer season. All accommodations will be available for booking.
- Nootka Sound Resort is scheduled to re-open on June 1, 2021.
- Newton Cove Resort is temporarily closed for the 2021 season.
We will be monitoring the situation and garnering insight and advice from industry and health experts, making additions and enhancements to our protocol in the weeks and months ahead with your safety and that of our staff in mind.
Moutcha Bay Resort COVID-19 Safety Policy
Nootka Marine Adventures’ management team is prioritizing your health and safety by maintaining the following summer season protocols at Moutcha Bay Resort:
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces, and outdoors when 2-metre social distancing is impossible.
- Sanitizer stations with 70% alcohol base sanitizer are set up throughout resort grounds.
- All resort employees must perform daily health checks before proceeding with their shift.
- A COVID-19 symptom screening will be performed by telephone within 48 hours of arrival for all incoming guests. Temperature checks will be performed on all incoming guests upon arrival.
Our staff will be using Health Canada-approved solutions EcoLab Peroxide Multi-Surface Disinfectant and Cleaner, and/or VitalOxide Disinfectant Cleaner, resort-wide. Comprehensive housekeeping guidelines are followed:
- Fresh gloves and masks will be worn by housekeepers upon entering a new room. Fresh gloves will be worn when moving from one area of the room to the next.
- A Cleansewise Ionizer will be used to spray VitalOxide disinfectant on all hard and soft surfaces of public spaces, including guest rooms, starting from the furthest point in the room.
- All high-touch surfaces (light switches, doorknobs, thermostats, railings) will receive extra cleaning and disinfecting, resort-wide. This applies to all public areas, including lobby, fish processing plant, Conuma Grill restaurant, fish cleaning station, fuel station, dock shack and on-board tour vessels.
- Daily housekeeping service is available on multi-night stays on request only.
Safety policies apply to on-the-water adventures:
- Boat tour guests will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to departure, during safety briefing outside of the vessel. A follow-up telephone screening will take place 48 hours after departure.
- Boat tour guests will be asked to maintain a 2-metre distance from guide whenever possible.
- Boat tour guests and guide must wear a mask whenever a 2-metre social distance is not possible.
- Boat tour and rental boat vessels will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between guests.
Limits are in place in small public spaces, to ensure social distancing:
- Maximum of 6 guests in lobby at one time. One person per group in lobby for check-in or inquiries whenever possible.
- Maximum of 4 guests within the fish cleaning station at one time.
- Maximum of 2 guests within the dock shack at one time.
Nootka Sound Resort COVID-19 Safety Policy
Summer season protocols at Nootka Sound Resort will be published here, closer to our opening dates.
Newton Cove Resort COVID-19 Safety Policy
Summer season protocols at Newton Cove Resort will be published here, closer to our opening dates.
Courtenay Guest Services Office
Nootka Marine Adventures’ Guest Services office is located at Suite C 168 5th St in Courtenay on Vancouver Island. In accordance with provincial guidelines, we have implemented guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our employees and visitors. Please click here to view our Courtenay Office COVID-19 Guidelines.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 Safety Policies or would like more information, please contact us.
Wishing you good health and wellness,
Jason Johnson, General Manager
Nootka Marine Adventures