Our Commitment To You
In response to the development of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to following the advice and guidance of leading health agencies and governments, taking every necessary step to maintain a safe environment for our guests and staff.
We want you to plan your trip with peace of mind.
If you are affected by travel restrictions in their province or country of origin imposed by provincial, federal or governing bodies, Nootka Marine Adventures will offer you the chance to change or cancel your booking without penalty. If you are experiencing hardship as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, we will be happy to address your bookings on a case by case basis. We have your best interest in mind and understand every situation is different.
We are also aware that recommendations from health authorities are constantly changing and developing. Please note that this policy is subject to change over time.
Moutcha Bay Resort 2020-2021 Shoulder Season Protocol
From October 1, 2020 until April 30, 2021, Moutcha Bay Resort is operating within our shoulder season.
At Nootka Marine Adventures, the safety and well-being of our guests and staff is always our top priority. We understand concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, and we have dedicated ourselves to providing a safe, clean and welcoming environment at Moutcha Bay Resort. You can count on our standards and protocols for a safe and comfortable stay. Nootka Marine Adventures’ management team is prioritizing your health and safety by keeping the following Shoulder Season protocols in place at Moutcha Bay Resort:
- Contact-less check-in and check-out
- Regular and ongoing training is provided to staff on the latest safety protocols and regulations surrounding cleaning guidance.
- Protective barriers are installed at our front desk.
- All high-touch areas are treated with WHO-registered disinfectant products; we use high quality, EcoLogo-certified peroxide-based sanitizers and disinfectants.
- Hand sanitizer stations installed throughout the resort grounds for guest and staff use.
- Resort staff will continue to use masks for all guest interactions.
- Social distancing measures are implemented resort-wide.
- Public washrooms are closed for the season. RV sites are open to self-contained vehicles & campers/trailers with running water and toilet/shower facilities; tents are not permitted at this time.
- The children’s playground will remain closed for the season.
- Fuel sales are available at the marina with contactless payment measures in place.
- Fresh linens and towels are available upon request, delivered in a sealed bag at your guest room door.
- Whenever possible, we will leave occupied guest rooms vacant for 24 hours upon checkout before thoroughly cleaning and checking in a guest, but guarantee a minimum of 3 hours as per industry regulations.
Nootka Marine Adventures 2021 Resorts Protocol
Looking ahead, Nootka Sound Resort and Newton Cove Resort are scheduled to re-open in the spring of 2021. Moutcha Bay Resort is scheduled to resume summer operations on May 1, 2021.
We will be monitoring the situation and garnering insight and advice from industry and health experts, making additions and enhancements to our protocol in the weeks and months ahead with your safety and that of our staff in mind.
Courtenay Office Protocol
Nootka Marine Adventures’ Guest Services office is located at Suite C 168 5th St in Courtenay on Vancouver Island. In accordance with provincial guidelines, we have implemented guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our employees and visitors. Please click here to view our Courtenay Office COVID-19 Guidelines.
Wishing you good health and wellness,
Jason Johnson, General Manager
Nootka Marine Adventures