OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
In response to the development of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to following the advice and guidance of leading health agencies and governments, taking every necessary step to maintain a safe environment for our guests and staff.
BOOK WORRY FREE
We want you to plan your trip with peace of mind.
If you are affected by travel restrictions imposed by provincial, federal or governing bodies, Nootka Marine Adventures will offer you the chance to change or cancel your booking without penalty. International guests affected by ongoing border travel restrictions have been individually contacted to change their 2021 bookings. If you are experiencing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be happy to address your bookings on a case by case basis. We have your best interest in mind and understand every situation is different.
We are also aware that recommendations from health authorities are constantly changing and developing. Please note that this policy is subject to change over time.
Nootka Marine Adventures’ management team is prioritizing your health and safety by maintaining the following protocols at Moutcha Bay Resort and Nootka Sound Resort:
- Masks are recommended in all indoor public spaces, and outdoors when 2-metre social distancing is impossible.
- Sanitizer stations with 70% alcohol base sanitizer are set up throughout resort grounds.
- All resort employees must perform daily health checks before proceeding with their shift.
- Our staff will be using Health Canada-approved solutions EcoLab Peroxide Multi-Surface Disinfectant and Cleaner, and/or VitalOxide Disinfectant Cleaner, resort-wide. Comprehensive housekeeping guidelines are followed.
- A Cleansewise Ionizer will be used to spray VitalOxide disinfectant on all hard and soft surfaces of public spaces, including guest rooms, starting from the furthest point in the room.
- All high-touch surfaces (light switches, doorknobs, thermostats, railings) will receive extra cleaning and disinfecting, resort-wide. This applies to all public areas, including lobby, fish processing plant, Conuma Grill restaurant, fish cleaning station, fuel station, dock shack and on-board tour vessels.
- Boat tour and rental boat vessels will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between guests.
- Plexiglass barriers will be in place at the Nootka Sound Resort bar and gift shop, as well as the breakfast buffet, which will be server-assisted.
- At Nootka Sound Resort, rain gear may be signed out for the entirety of a guest’s trip by inquiring with a resort employee. Gear will be stored under guest name and thoroughly sanitized at end of stay.
Limits are in place in small public spaces at Moutcha Bay Resort, to ensure social distancing:
- Maximum of 6 guests in lobby at one time. One person per group in lobby for check-in or inquiries whenever possible.
- Maximum of 4 guests within the fish cleaning station at one time.
- Maximum of 2 guests within the dock shack at one time.
Limits are in place in small public spaces at Nootka Sound Resort, to ensure social distancing:
- Maximum of 6 guests at one time in the Guest Lounge.
- Maximum of 1 boat group at weigh-in station at one time for weighing and photographing of catch.
- Maximum of 1 guest per fish cleaning table.
- Dining tables will be placed at a minimum of 2 meters apart or will have plexiglass barriers in place.
- Maximum of 1 guest per party checking in at Office. Contactless check-out procedures will be followed.
NEWTON COVE RESORT
Please note that Newton Cove Resort is temporarily closed for the 2021 season. It will re-open in 2022. Bookings are open for 2022 and 2023.
COURTENAY GUEST SERVICES OFFICE
Nootka Marine Adventures’ Guest Services office is located at Suite C 168 5th St in Courtenay on Vancouver Island. In accordance with provincial guidelines, we have implemented guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our employees and visitors.
If you have any questions about our Health & Safety Policies or would like more information, please contact us.
Wishing you good health and wellness,
Jason Johnson, General Manager
Nootka Marine Adventures