OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Nootka Marine Adventures meets or exceeds all housekeeping protocols provided by the B.C. Center for Disease Control, WCB, and the Provincial Health Authority. All resort employees must perform daily health checks before proceeding with their shift.
The following are some of the key protocols we are asking of our team and our guests to ensure a clean and safe environment:
- Cleaning and disinfecting all high-touch surfaces (light switches, doorknobs, thermostats, railings), resort-wide. This applies to all public areas, including lobby, fish processing plant, Conuma Grill restaurant, fish cleaning station, fuel station, dock shack, and onboard tour vessels.
- A full deep-cleaning of each suite and its contents after each guest has departed using Health Canada approved cleaning products EcoLab Peroxide Multi-Surface Disinfectant and Cleaner, and/or VitalOxide Disinfectant Cleaner.
- Using Cleansewise Ionizers to spray VitalOxide disinfectant on all hard and soft surfaces of public spaces, including guest rooms, starting from the furthest point in the room.
- Professionally laundered and sterilized sheets, towels, etc.
- Providing the team with additional cleaning supplies and personal protective equipment.
- Providing sanitizer stations with 70% alcohol base sanitizer throughout resort grounds.
- Thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting boat tour and rental boat vessels between guests.
- Installing plexiglass barriers at the Nootka Sound Resort bar and gift shop, as well as the breakfast buffet, which is server-assisted.
- Continuing to offering rain gear at Nootka Sound Resort, which may be signed out for the entirety of a guest’s trip by inquiring with a resort employee. Gear will be stored under the guest’s name and thoroughly sanitized at end of their stay.
- Masks are required for people 12 and older in indoor public settings, regardless of vaccination status
- Be mindful of others by maintaining a distance of at least 2 meters (6 feet)
- If you become ill and have recently visited us please contact us as soon as practical so appropriate measures can be taken to protect others
- If you do not feel well and are experiencing symptoms of illness (fever, trouble breathing, coughing, sore throat, fatigue) please postpone your visit until you are well
CONUMA GRILL RESTAURANT:
By order of the B.C. Provincial Health Officer (PHO), proof of vaccination is required to access restaurants that offer table service (indoor and patio dining). Starting September 13, guests dining in at the Conuma Grill restaurant will be required to show their BC Vaccine Card and a piece of valid government photo ID to dine indoors or on the patio.
As always, take-out meals will be available by visiting the restaurant or front desk and placing an order.
If you have any questions about our Health & Safety Policies or would like more information, please contact us.
Wishing you good health and wellness,
Jason Johnson, General Manager
Nootka Marine Adventures