OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Nootka Marine Adventures continues to monitor and follow the guidance provided by the B.C. Provincial Health Officer and the B.C. Hotel Association. Our standards meet or exceeds all housekeeping protocols provided by the B.C. Center for Disease Control, WCB, and the Provincial Health Authority. Nootka Marine Adventures requires all employees to perform daily health checks before proceeding with their shift. We will continue to monitor the latest Covid-19 directives and will update this page as necessary.
The following are some of the key protocols we are asking of our team and our guests to ensure a clean and safe environment:
- Cleaning and disinfecting all high-touch surfaces (light switches, doorknobs, thermostats, railings), resort-wide. This applies to all public areas, including lobby, fish processing plant, Conuma Grill restaurant, fish cleaning station, fuel station, dock shack, and onboard tour vessels.
- A full deep-cleaning of each suite and its contents after each guest has departed using Health Canada approved cleaning products EcoLab Peroxide Multi-Surface Disinfectant and Cleaner, and/or VitalOxide Disinfectant Cleaner.
- Using Cleansewise Ionizers to spray VitalOxide disinfectant on all hard and soft surfaces of public spaces, including guest rooms, starting from the furthest point in the room.
- Professionally laundered and sterilized sheets, towels, etc.
- Providing the team with additional cleaning supplies and personal protective equipment.
- Providing sanitizer stations with 70% alcohol base sanitizer throughout resort grounds.
- Thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting of boat tour and rental boat vessels between guests.
- Installation of plexiglass barriers at the Nootka Sound Resort bar and gift shop, as well as the breakfast buffet, which is server-assisted.
If you become ill and have recently visited us please contact us as soon as practical so appropriate measures can be taken to protect others.
If you do not feel well and are experiencing symptoms of illness (fever, trouble breathing, coughing, sore throat, fatigue) please postpone your visit until you are well.
TRAVELLERS FROM OUTSIDE OF CANADA:
Fully vaccinated foreign nationals who meet the requirements of a fully vaccinated traveller can come to Canada. Check to see if you qualify and familiarize yourself with entry requirements on the Government of Canada travel page: Travel, Quarantine, and Borders
As of April 1, 2022, pre-entry tests are no longer required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air, or water.
All travellers entering Canada must register with ArriveCAN within 72 hours of arrival into the country and provide proof of double vaccination. Travellers may be selected by a border crossing agent for a mandatory arrival test but will not be required to quarantine while waiting for results.
Travellers returning to the U.S from Canada must provide proof of a negative Rapid Antigen test within 24 hours of returning, or proof of a negative PCR test within 72 hours of returning. For information on returning to the U.S from Canada, please visit the U.S. Embassy COVID-19 Information page.
Please ensure that you have read, understood, and complied with these requirements before travelling. If you require assistance with cross-border travel planning, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Our Health & Safety Policies are continually updated. Watch this page for update pertaining to the 2022 season. If you have any questions about our Health & Safety Policies or would like more information, please contact us.
Wishing you good health and wellness,
Nootka Marine Adventures